Thursday 4 April 2019

HR Expert, Funmilola Bucknor Narrates Her Ordeal With Uber, Taxify Riders In Lagos


For those who know Funmilola Bucknor popularly known as HR Madam will agree that she is not afraid to speak her mind even it means breaking protocols, she will speak up! Ms. Funmilola is a consultant and certified HR personnel.

Funmilola took to her page to explain her ordeal in the hands of Uber and Taxify riders, according to her, I have suffered in this Lagos especially when it comes to Uber guys... read her account below...

I have suffered in the hands of Uber/Taxify drivers in this Lagos ehn... no be small.

That's how I ordered one on Sunday. He arrived in a car with tinted glass. Let me tell you, it was on Sunday that I discovered that tinted glasses get levels. Se ni windows ehn dudu rakiraki.It was so dark it was overwhelming even from outside.

I said oga sorry, I can't enter your car because of your tinted windows. Let me cancel and order another one.
He didn't even let me land before he gave me one long hiss and then told me to kosi kuro niwaju motor mi jare.

I was like, you zay?!!
Is it by force that I must enter your car ni abi you want to kidnap mi ni?

He said ehn ehn ehn? Baba e ni kidnapper. Baba e ni armed robber. He crowned it by calling me asewo kobokobo.



Hian!! I said okay o, sha carry your car and go o.
He said I should book another ride and let him see nah. That he will not allow anybody to pick me there.

I carried my two left legs and left him there o. He was still huffing and puffing and beating his chest that no other driver will be allowed to pick me.
Me, I did not have energy for that drama. Not on a Sunday pls.

I took another one yesterday from Yaba to Ikeja.
Estimated price was about N1,200.
This guy refused to use maps o. That's how we were going round and round and round.
Only for me to get down from the car after he dropped me... uber charged me N4,800 for thar ride!!!! Azzin four tazan lounloun! Se mo trafu ni?
Kia kia, I contested it and the fare was adjusted and I got my refund.

Uber and Taxify will not kill me for my mother lailai.

Meanwhile, my mom is grounded! She is not allowed to travel anywhere for a while unless I'm the one taking her. She cannot give me heart attack abeg!!

Life sha. See reversal of roles.


There have been calls on Uber and other hailing companies in Nigeria to orientate and train their riders on how they speak, approach and talk to passengers, it has been said that most of these drivers are under depression and they are easily provoked at any given opportunity 

Credit:
Funmilola Bucknor

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

A comment doesn't cost a thing. Please drop a comment below to boost the writer's morale. Thank you

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home